Many people think that quick weight loss at a rapid rate Kilos after the rejection of the diet and to keep the slow, on the contrary, helps the weight. The most recent Australian study refutes this opinion.
A group of subjects for 12 weeks, lost weight, and the other — for 36. Then those that weight more than 12.5% of the original body, waited 144-weeks of the program weight.
To lose in the result of 70% weight quickly all and 72% of the weight loss gradually lifted the dropped pounds. But to lose in the first group and 12.5% of body weight, with 81% of the subjects were able to, while the second only 50%.
It turns out that lose weight quickly a more effective slow.
Dr. Donald (Dr. Donald D. Hensrud) from the Mayo clinic advises not to lose more than 0.5–1 kg per week. In his opinion, during the quick weight loss people often lose not of fat but of water or even muscle tissue. Because in a short time is difficult to have a lot of calories to burn.
In addition, fast weight loss, also other negative effects. You are listed in his article, Dr. Michael Dansinger):
- Stones in the gallbladder. To lose of this disease weight suffering from 12% to 25% quickly people.
- Lack of nutrients.
- Problems with the menstrual cycle.
- The loss of hair.
So, in order not to harm the health and lose more fat, and decrease a maximum of one Kilo per week.
If you calculate pounds per week fairly quick results (8 kg in two months), which enables you to develop healthy habits and keep the weight off permanently. And now let us speak about how to make it right go on a diet.
How to make a diet
How do you calculate the calorie content
As in one kilogram of fat 7 contains 716 kcal to lose weight per kilogram in the week, you must have a deficit of 1 100 kcal per day.
Two-year US study showed that the health damage loss of 25% of the calories. Therefore, if you are in your present diet under 4 400 kcal, create a deficit, not only through diet but also through physical activity.
For example, you can add to reduce the daily rate to 500-600 kcal, and a half-hour of relaxed running or other exercise.
Also, the amount of protein, fat and carbohydrates should be taken into account. This is especially important for those who want to lose fat and keep a large part of the muscle mass.
How do you calculate the proteins, fats, carbohydrates
The number of fibers
The research of the medical faculty of the University of Washington has shown that the Protein diet helps to reduce weight without even limiting the calories.
The diet of the subjects to 30% consisted of Protein, 20% fats and 50% carbohydrates. People consume less calories without the restrictions, and after 12 weeks dropped about five kilograms.
In favour of protein-rich diet is confirmed and the scientific article will be published in 2015. It is claimed that the daily intake of 1.2–1.6 G of protein per kilogram of body weight reduces the feeling of hunger and helps to control the weight. The muscle mass is maintained and the fat, on the contrary, disappears.
Add in the diet a lot of Protein: 30% of the daily calories consumption, or 1.6 G per kilogram of body weight.
The ratio of fat and carbohydrates
Contrary to popular belief, in the amount of pounds of debt are not fats, but the carbohydrates. Therefore, low-carbohydrate diets, usually more effective.
The participants in the study, Frederick (Frederick F. Samaha), sitting on a Low-Carb diet for six months lost 5.8 kg, and those who have a diet low in fat, with only 1.9 kg.
In the study by Stephen (Stephen B. Sondike) people on Low-Carb diet for 12 weeks, 9.9 kg lost, but on a diet with reduced amount of fat — 4.1 kg.
Similar findings were made by Jeff (Jeff S. Volek) in the year 2009: 12-weeks-Low-Carb-diet 10 kg lose allowed, low-fat diet — 5.2 kg.
In addition, low-carbohydrate diets useful for the health of the heart and reduce the risk of Diabetes of the second type.
In the research of some scientists, diet used with a consumption of 20-40 G of carbohydrates per day, in the study of other carbohydrates 10-12% of total calories.
If you quickly get rid of extra pounds and ready to completely give up flour and sweet, try a diet with a ratio of 30-60-10 or 30-50-20.
A diet with a ratio of 30-30-40 or 30-25-45 allows you to add in the diet of cereals and pasta, some bread, dried fruit. But the results may take longer.
Remember: the most important thing in the diet are adhered to. Therefore, you can try a different ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and choose the most convenient for you.
How to properly train
Why do you need to exercise
Exercises help lose weight faster directly, for several reasons:
1. Burn more calories during the activity. This Option requires no clarification: the more intense and longer you move, the more calories you will burn.
2. Increase calorie consumption after exercise oxygen debt (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption, EPOC). Within a certain period of time after the workout, the body will consume more oxygen to return to their normal parameters, and spends more calories in a resting state.
In 2011, researchers have found that after a 45-minute intense workout, the metabolism remained accelerated within 14 hours. In the idle state, the test subjects burned an average of 190 kcal more than on non-workout days.
3. Increase the number of brown fat, spends the calories. In 2012, Dr. Bruce Spiegelman (Bruce Spiegelman), in the framework of the study Major burning discovery in mice fat-found that during exercise the muscles a substance produce. This hormone travels through the body with the blood and white fat cells into brown — converts a unique tissue that consumes energy instead of hoarding it.
As in humans, there are deposits of brown coal, fat, Spiegelman decided that the hormone has a similar function in the human body.
Scientists estimate that 50 G of brown can burn fat, about 20% of the total number of daily calories.
In the body of an adult human, about 20-30 G of brown, but its amount can increase of fat under the influence of cold, and movement.
How do to lose weight
If you only want to lose weight choose Cardio exercises. The study by Professor Joseph Donnelly (Joseph E. Donnelly), the University of Kansas has shown that Cardio exercises promote weight loss even without diet.
To spend since 10 months, five days in the week people who are overweight on the treadmill 400-600 kcal. In the result, they lost without dieting about 5 kg.
Research Leslie Willis (Leslie H. Willis) and his colleagues from Duke University has shown that for better slimming aerobics are suitable exercises, but to the mass without fat strength exercises.
Combined exercises will help reduce save the amount of fat and muscles.
With what intensity to train
Research Rachel Simmons (Rachel Simmons) showed that in the first 10 minutes after high-intensity interval Training, oxygen debt significantly higher than that after exercise of moderate intensity. But in the next 30 minutes indicators EPOC are about the same.
Research Edward (Edward Melanson) from the University of Colorado confirmed that the consumption of calories during the day after the workout, from the intensity. To come to the same conclusions the University of Massachusetts.
High-intensity exercises help burn more calories. But if you have the time and you don't want to die in the gym, choose Cardio and strength training moderate intensity.
Here are some activities that help are about 600 kcal of a Person burning with a weight of 70 kg:
- An hour of running at a speed of 9 km/h and heart rate of 140-150 beats per Minute.
- Two hours of walking with a speed of 5-6 km/h.
- Two hours of Cycling at a speed of 10-12 km/h or an hour's drive with a speed of 20 km/h.
- Two hours relaxing bath (1-1,5 km/h) or an hour (1.8 km/h).
For the interval training, double jump rope, throw a Ball and other exercises for the weight loss.
How many times a week to train
Scientists from the University of Alabama in Birmingham found that the exercise must be in moderation. Those participants in the study, employees spend four times a week, in everyday life, to 200 kcal per day more. And those that there are six training units per week to 150 kilocalories less.
Four training sessions per week is suitable for those who consume calories not only in the gym, but also in the rest of the time. With such a regularity can do and strength training and Cardio exercises.
High-intensity interval Training should not be sufficient to arrange often: two times per week. On the other days you can do Cardio exercises of moderate intensity.
With a run, also do not overdo it. An experienced running coach and exercise physiologist Susan Paul (Susan Paul) advises to start with three long run workouts per week and, if necessary, the program will add two Cross-Training. For example, dance, Yoga, Zumba classes and others.
Check list for those who want to lose weight quickly
- You calculate how many calories you consume per day.
- You pull out of your daily 500 kcal. Depending on your size and the desired Tempo, you can lose weight, subtract more or less calories, but in any case, it is not necessary to reduce diet more than 1100 kcal: it can be dangerous for the health.
- You make the menu, so that about 30% of all calories Scam Protein and 10-45% — carbohydrates.
- Spend 3-5 training sessions per week. To burn the physical activity count so about 600 kcal in a workout. If you do not have time, try high-flux interval Training.
- Do Cardio exercises, if you only want to lose weight, and add them to power to him, if muscle want to keep mass.
- You Avoid Stress. Many studies have shown the connection between Stress and visceral fat.
- Get enough sleep. Studies have shown that lack of sleep increases appetite and affects badly on the health.