The French nutritionist Pierre Dukan has been a specialist in his field for over forty years. As a result of his long-term work, the well-known Ducan Diet appeared, a detailed menu for each day, phases, the phases of which are not aimed at the average person, but take into account the individual characteristics of each. In principle, it is more like proper nutrition than diets that restrict diet and involve the use of certain foods. Dukan's diet can be long. It has four main phases, the first two of which are aimed at shedding extra pounds and the second two are aimed at consolidating and maintaining results. Due to the consumption of a large amount of protein foods, you will very rarely feel hungry and the body will not be in a stressful situation that causes it to save all the calories for a "rainy day".
Basic principles of the Dukan diet
As mentioned above, this diet can be broken down into several phases. During the first phase, known as the "attack", protein foods are allowed and there are no quantity restrictions. It can be flavored with spices. You can also drink about two liters of water a day (it must be quiet). This phase should not be pursued for too long. The maximum duration is ten days.
The second stage is called "cruise". Its main principle is change. This means that you can only eat protein-rich foods for a few days and then eat high-protein foods along with vegetables for several days.
In the third stage you not only fix the weight, but also adjust the body so that the new weight should not change upwards. You can eat rice, pasta and potatoes up to 2 times a week. Once a day, 2 slices of whole grain bread are allowed, up to 50 g of cheese, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (olive) and all fruits except grapes, cherries and bananas.
The fourth step will help you maintain your weight. It is recommended to discharge the body once a week. It should only contain foods that are very high in protein, similar to the "attack phase". The rest of the time there are practically no restrictions. But useless foods should be avoided: fast foods, sugary and carbonated drinks, etc.
Remember that during each stage you need to drink 1. 5 to 2 liters of water a day (remember, it should be free of gas), warm up in the morning, exercise, and at least half an hour fresh every dayHave to walk air day.
Foods allowed during the diet
Foods that can be eaten during the "attack phase":
- Silent Waters. It is necessary to drink 1, 5-2 liters a day.
- Oat bran. You should be eating around 1. 5 tablespoons of this product a day.
- Chicken (can be substituted for turkey). It should be skinless.
- You can eat lean portions of beef, veal, and horse meat.
- Calf liver and kidneys.
- Eggs. But you can't eat more than two egg yolks a day. The amount of protein is not limited.
- Any kind of seafood.
- Veal tongue. You can also use beef.
- Any kind of fish. It can be boiled, grilled, or steamed, but not fried.
- Fermented dairy products with a minimal fat content.
- Lean ham.
- Different spices. These include onions and garlic.
Foods that can be eaten during the "cruise" phase:
- All products that are listed in the "attack phase".
- Low-fat cheese (up to 50 g).
- All fruits except bananas, grapes and cherries.
- Low-fat milk.
- Cocoa (1 teaspoon).
- Spices. These include tomato sauce, garlic, onions, adjika.
- 1 teaspoon of heavy cream
- A few drops of vegetable oil if you want to fry a product a little.
- 2 slices of bread.
- Red and white wine (up to 50 g).
In the first stage, all products can be combined with one another. This is not possible at this stage. You can select two products per day from the additional list.
Foods that can be consumed during the "fixation phase":
- All products that are included in the first and second stage.
- Make sure you have one fruit a day (excluding grapes, bananas, and cherries).
- 2 slices of bread.
- Be sure to add oat bran to your food. It should be 3 tablespoons in total.
- Any two foods that are high in starch.
- A day should be protein.
Food that can be consumed during the "stabilization phase":
- Products from all of the above steps.
- 3 tablespoons of bran per day.
- Lots of foods high in protein, vegetables, fruits, a small amount of cheese, a few slices of bread, two foods high in starch.
How long should the diet last?
Pierre Dukan was responsible for developing this diet so that its duration is individual for each person. To calculate how long each phase should take, several factors need to be considered:
- In the first stage, "attack", your initial weight is taken into account. If you weigh up to 20 kg, the phase should last 5 days, if you are 20 to 30 kg overweight - one week, overweight over 30 kg - 10 days.
- In the second stage, the initial excess weight is also taken into account. If he weighs up to 10 kg, you can switch every day, 3 after 3 days or 5 after 5 days. If there were more than ten extra pounds, then it is worth using only scheme 5 to 5. The duration of this phase is determined based on the weight loss during the first phase. If you managed to lose 3 kg, the change should take a month, with 4. 5 kg - 45 days, with 5 kg - 52 days.
- The duration of the third phase is calculated from the kilograms lost during the second phase. For 1 kg - 10 days. That is, if you have lost 5 kg, the third phase will last 50 days.
- The fourth phase is not limited in time. It is a healthy diet that should become a way of life.
Benefit and harm
The positive aspects of Pierre Ducan's diet:
- The main benefit is that the lost weight does not come back to you. Many diets cannot boast of this. The last two phases bring your diet as close as possible to what you are used to, thereby avoiding stress on the body. The weight will stay at the same level if you follow some simple rules outlined in the fourth step.
- There are no hard restrictions on this diet. Even at an event, you can choose the dish you need. It is even allowed to drink a certain amount of alcohol so that you definitely don't feel "out of place".
- Many people achieve weight loss of up to 6 kg per week.
- Any amount of permitted food can be consumed. This is one of the main benefits of the Ducan Diet. You will never be hungry, which means the risk of an outbreak is much lower.
- This diet will also come to the rescue for those who have tried many methods that have proven ineffective.
- There are many ingredients in the diet. Accordingly, you can let your culinary imagination run wild and only eat the dishes that suit your taste.
Negative aspects of the Ducan diet:
- If you choose to go on this diet, it is best to consult your doctor. With this diet, the fat absorption is severely restricted. Some people shouldn't be allowed to do that.
- In the first phase of the diet, it is quite difficult to reorganize, since all the foods consumed are very different from the usual diet. But at this stage there is the most active loss of kilograms. Therefore, severe body fatigue is possible during this time. So you need to get enough sleep and limit yourself from emotional stress.
- This diet is highly effective, but protein foods do not contain all of the trace elements necessary for the body to function properly. This means that in the first stages it is necessary to take vitamin complexes.
- Every day, Pierre Dukan suggests eating oat bran. They are very useful and help relieve hunger. However, you cannot buy them in every store, so prepare in advance.
Sample menu for every day
- Breakfast: porridge with oat bran or coffee (can be replaced with tea).
- Lunch: beef. It can be baked or steamed in the oven with spices.
- Dinner: seafood. Grill them or make a salad with a light dressing.
- Breakfast: make an omelette with several eggs. But the diet doesn't include a lot of fried food, so cook it in a slow cooker or steam. Have a cup of green tea.
- Lunch: chicken in curry sauce.
- Dinner: fish soup.
- Breakfast: a few slices of low-fat cheese, green tea, or hibiscus.
- Lunch: chicken. Bake it or cook it. Serve with mustard sauce.
- Dinner: hard-boiled eggs and some meat chips.
- Breakfast: low-fat yogurt, a few slices of ham, and lean cheese.
- Lunch: bake chicken with spices.
- Dinner: beef steak. Add some herbs and garlic.
- Breakfast: crab sticks, green tea.
- Lunch: scrambled eggs from several eggs. Add the ham slices and sprinkle with herbs.
- Dinner: grill the turkey. Remember the minimum amount of oil.
- Breakfast: a soft-boiled egg, a few slices of cheese with minimal fat content.
- Lunch: grilled seafood. Can be baked.
- Dinner: chicken soup.
- Breakfast: pancakes. You need to cook them by adding oat bran.
- Lunch: steam the fish with spices.
- Dinner: make chicken or turkey meatballs.
- Breakfast: green tea, pancakes with oat bran.
- Lunch: soup with chicken meatballs (turkey can be used). Serve with herbs
- Dinner: Boil hard eggs and eat some meat chips.
- Breakfast: repetition of the first day with lean ham.
- Lunch: chicken in teriyaki sauce.
- Dinner: baked salmon with mustard sauce.
- Breakfast: porridge with oat bran, low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch: baked chicken in yogurt, herbs and garlic sauce.
- Dinner: soft-boiled eggs.
- Breakfast: curd casserole.
- Lunch: Chicken and Vegetable Stew.
- Dinner: light coleslaw.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with low-fat ham.
- Lunch: aubergines baked with tomatoes and low-fat cheese.
- Dinner: low-fat cottage cheese with sour cream.
- Breakfast: seafood salad and green tea.
- Lunch: Chicken in Sour Cream Garlic Sauce.
- Dinner: tomato, cucumber and pepper salad.
The "fixing" phase
- Breakfast: oat bran pancakes.
- Dinner. Chicken breast with sauce and apple.
- Dinner: baked or lightly fried cauliflower with broccoli.
- Breakfast: a sandwich made from two slices of bread, cheese and ham with a minimum of fat, coffee.
- Lunch: beef stew. Serve the steamed vegetables as a side dish or bake everything together, using the vegetables as pillows for the meat.
- Dinner: curd cheese mixture with pear.
- Breakfast: baked chicken with spices.
- Lunch: Salad with the addition of seafood of your choice and any fruit.
- Dinner: cottage cheese and a warm drink.
- Breakfast: make scrambled eggs. Also eat two slices of bread.
- Lunch: summer salad and chicken breast.
- Dinner: cook saury soup.
- Breakfast: rolled oats and low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch: spaghetti with pieces of turkey.
- Dinner: panacotta.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole with apples.
- Lunch: salad with chicken breast and apple.
- Dinner: scrambled eggs with herbs and vegetables.
- Breakfast: curd cheese mixture with berries.
- Lunch: make a soup with meatballs and potatoes.
- Dinner: fish in batter.
Stabilization level menu
In this phase, you can use any of the days suggested above. Don't forget the protein discharge day! There are no strict restrictions at this stage. You should not only eat unhealthy foods like fast food, but otherwise - complete freedom of choice.
Choice of menus
The menu described above is indicative and not required. You can add 2 snacks to yourself. All products that are on the list of the different phases can be combined, the main thing is that you read the recommendations for each phase. There are many recipes for low-calorie foods that focus on those foods that need to be consumed at a certain stage.
Despite the fact that the diet uses only products that are useful for the body, there are a number of contraindications:
- You should not adhere to the Ducan Diet for people suffering from various pathologies. For example the kidneys, the liver or the digestive system.
- Gout and metabolic disorders can be a stop signal for this diet.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers should not follow this diet. Nor should you do this if you are planning on conceiving in the near future.
- Ducan's diet can cause menstrual irregularities. Therefore, girls who have failed in this matter should not follow such a diet.
- You should give up such a diet for those who have increased levels of fatigue, depression and irritability.
Some aspects to keep in mind about the Dukan Diet:
- In the first phase, you only eat foods that contain protein. This is kind of a stressful situation for the body, so some side effects can occur. It can lead to increased tiredness, sleepiness and irritability. It is therefore worthwhile avoiding intense exercise during this time. You may suddenly feel hungry. This is a normal response of the body to a change in diet. After a few days this feeling will pass. Some people complain of bad breath. This is also the result of consuming protein foods that go away in a week. Proteins help remove fluid from the body and need to be replenished accordingly. Drink about two liters of water a day. If the amount of water is insufficient, constipation may occur a few days after starting the diet.
- In the second stage, the consumption of vegetables is allowed. It's a kind of vacation for the body. But here, too, there are some special features. In contrast to proteins, carbohydrates need to be limited during this phase. Different vegetables should be supplemented with the main protein product. And it is necessary to eat only until the moment when the feeling of hunger subsides. Vegetables can be cooked in many ways, but the healthiest way to cook them is to steam them or keep them fresh, i. e. salads. You can use different sauces if you want to vary your taste. But you have to cook them yourself. You can use mustard, natural yogurt without additives, garlic and herbs, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce (use in small amounts), etc.
- The third stage of this diet can be considered the most morally difficult. Because you lost the hated kilograms in the first two phases, i. e. there is no longer any desire to lose weight, you want to eat all that junk food again. The main thing is to stay at this stage, because the kilograms will return very quickly if you do not follow the diet as described in the diet. During this time, stress can arise from the desire to tear yourself away. You may feel suddenly hungry, tired, etc. The main thing is to remember that this is all a temporary effect that will soon pass.
- The fourth phase of the diet can last indefinitely. It becomes a way of life. Pierre Dukan strongly recommends fasting once a week made up of foods that contain protein. Drink as much water as you can, eat small meals, don't eat too much fruit, get adequate sleep, avoid stress, and handle the port. This will help you keep your current weight in order.
The Dukan diet is considered to be one of the most effective, but difficult at the same time. The phases and menus of such a diet are designed to be indefinite. A person is afraid of the prospect of eating on a menu that does not include their favorite foods all their life. You should therefore arrange a reversed fasting day every 1 - 2 weeks. That is, treat yourself to a pack of chips, a piece of cake, or something else that you couldn't imagine your life without before. But there are a few rules to keep in mind:
- Note the rule of small portions! Do not overeat, even if, on the contrary, it is a day of fasting.
- Try in the morning, i. e.
To keep metabolism active throughout the day (you can also use it while dieting), drink half a liter of water 20 minutes before meals. Do not drink for forty minutes after this, all you can do is take a few sips to get rid of the taste in your mouth. The fluid expands the stomach walls, and our job is to keep them small. The serving size should fit in the palm of your palm, slightly bent. Such a volume should contain both food and liquid, so for satiety it is better to give preference to food and, after a while, drink it.