The pancreas is an important organ that is responsible for many processes. This organ is responsible for producing enzymes that are necessary for the normal digestion of food. In addition, the pancreas is responsible for producing insulin. If it doesn't start working at full speed, diabetes can occur.
The disease of the pancreas is known in medicine as pancreatitis. With such a disease, the iron becomes inflamed and the person needs to take steps to restore and heal the organ. For these purposes, drug treatment is used, and a diet for pancreatitis, a menu for every day, is required.
Nutritional properties for pancreatitis and inflammation
Inflammation of the pancreas is most often associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. They are the main cause of organ dysfunction. If there is a reason for the inflammation of the gland, then it is necessary to normalize the normal production of enzymes, otherwise the mechanism of "self-digestion" may begin, which can pose a threat to human life and health.
What should be the diet for pancreatitis
Diet for pancreatitis, an approximate menu for a week directly depends on the form.
The very first thing to remember is that for any form of pancreatic disease, you must be on a starvation diet for 3 to 5 days. Thanks to such a diet, it will be possible to discharge this organ and try to relieve the inflammatory process. During such a diet, you can drink small amounts of mineral water without gases. You cannot drink more than 4-5 glasses a day. If desired, water can be replaced with natural juices, but only with the consent of a doctor.
If the inflammation of the pancreas is acute, you must undergo treatment, and then live and eat as usual. Even so, you have to sit on a starvation diet for a week and on a diet that excludes the use of fatty, fried, spicy, and salty foods for just as long. To make recovery faster, an approximate menu from the diet shown in Table 5 can be used.
The diet for acute pancreatitis should consist of:
- Breakfast. It absolutely must be made from oatmeal, biscuit cookies, and egg white omelette.
- The lunch menu can consist of cottage cheese, which contains a small amount of fat and milk drinks.
- Lunch can consist of vegetable stew, boiled fish or meat, fruit puree or fresh juice. If you drink juice, it is best to do it just before you use it so that all of the vitamins and minerals are retained in it. Juice can be made from apples, bananas. It is not necessary to make orange juices as these are considered to be stomach-heavy.
- Dinner can consist of fish meatballs, vegetable puree and dried fruit compote (apples, pears, apricots). You can also cook boiled potatoes with chicken.
With chronic pancreatitis, the pancreas gradually begins to degenerate. In this case, the diet may not be as strict, but it must be followed. The diet consists in the fact that a person must remove from the diet everything that provokes the production of a large number of enzymes.
Sample menu for a week with pancreatic disease
In order for the pancreas to function normally, doctors usually recommend a diet for at least 1 month. The diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults is to completely eliminate all unhealthy foods from the diet and replace them with useful ones. Such a diet can relieve inflammation and forget about pancreatitis for a long time.
Menus that can be cooked all week:
- Breakfast. It can be made from porridge boiled in water. If desired, add a little milk at the end of the cooking process. Congee on the water. Carrot puree with boiled fish. You can also make mashed potatoes with boiled fish.
- The second breakfastcan consist of apple soufflé, jelly, calcined cottage cheese and carrot pudding.
- Lunchcan consist of meatballs, omelette steamed with egg white, steamed fish bread, mashed potatoes and boiled chicken.
- At lunchtimethe menu can consist of steamed omelette and vegetable puree soup.
- For dinneryou can cook boiled potatoes with fish or chicken, steam omelette and steamed cottage cheese soufflé.
Despite the fact that the diet for pancreatitis is very strict, it is very important not to forget not to drink too strong tea, compote and mineral water without gases. If the pancreas is inflamed, you need to eat bread (200 grams) and sugar (30 grams) every day, which can be used to prepare certain dishes.
It is very important that the sample menu be small but frequent. In addition, the food you eat needs to be warm and fresh. It is very important that one person eat hot meals every week, every day.
Diet and nutrition recommendations for pancreatic diseases and inflammation
If you want, you can make the menu for pancreatic pancreatitis varied and tasty for a week, even from a small amount of products. People who have pancreatic problems should include the following foods on their menu:
- Yesterday's wheat bread, biscuits. You can not eat fresh bread, as it is considered baking and has a negative effect on the state of health in the event of exacerbations. You can not eat more than 200-250 grams of such a bread per day.
- Steamed, boiled, baked meat. It is very important that the meat is dietary, such as: B. Chicken or Rabbit. You can also use lean beef.
- Lean fish. It should also be boiled or steamed.
- With pancreatitis, it is important to eat cottage cheese. It is desirable that it have a pasty consistency.
- Porridge with a higher viscosity, e. g. B. Oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat, rice, all help with inflammation.
- Don't forget vegetables and fruits. Of course you can't eat them raw, but you can boil, bake or steam them. It is very important to eat cauliflower puree.
- For the first few courses it is best to use secondary inventory. The meat from which the broth is made is best eaten chopped so that it digests faster and better.
- You can make a casserole consisting of cottage cheese and pasta. It should be subdued, this is especially important when this organ is inflamed.
- It is imperative to eat protein omelets as they contain many essential substances and minerals that are needed for the normal functioning of the body. In addition, proteins help cope with the disease faster during inflammation.
Add oil while cooking after the dish is done. The fact is that the human body needs fats, so it is impossible to completely exclude them. The amount of oil that can be added to food per day should not exceed 50 grams. If, for any reason, you find that treating and feeding a sick liver and pancreas does not help, you should consult a doctor who will correct the treatment and tell you what to remove from the menu.