When a person is diagnosed with pancreatitis, it is an inflammatory process in the pancreas, organ dysfunction, and impaired enzyme production.
The mainstay of treatment in this case is proper nutrition. With strict observance of all the criteria of the diet, the pancreas will soon function normally, the secretion of the organ outside will decrease.
The main causes of pancreatitis
- Most cases of acute or chronic pancreatitis are associated with alcohol abuse or gallbladder abnormalities, particularly cholelithiasis.
- Pancreatitis can develop after an operation on the gallbladder or stomach after an endoscopic examination.
- Injuries and wounds in the abdomen can cause inflammation of the pancreas.
- Infectious diseases and helminth infestations sometimes become causes of the development of pancreatitis.
- Some drugs, if taken for too long or in an uncontrolled manner, can also cause an inflammatory process. These are some diuretics, sulfonamide group drugs, antibiotics, estrogen-containing drugs, and so on.
- Congenital structural abnormalities, as well as narrowing of the lumen of the duct due to the development of a tumor or the formation of adhesions, can lead to inflammation of the gland.
- Pancreatitis can also provoke hormonal changes: menopause or pregnancy in women, treatment with hormonal drugs.
- Vascular diseases can also cause inflammation.
- Pancreatitis can also develop with diabetes mellitus, allergies, cirrhosis of the liver, and other diseases.
- Improper nutrition through abuse of fatty, difficult to digest foods, sweets and fast food - fertile soil for the development of the disease.
Sometimes it is not possible to determine the exact cause of the inflammation.
Approved foods for pancreatitis
- lean meat and fish, chicken,
- Black bread dried yesterday,
- Vegetables, preferably cooked, cut into small pieces,
- liquid rice and buckwheat porridge, oat flakes in water and milk,
- Fermented milk products, milk, cottage cheese, sour cream is best not to eat
- Decoctions of herbs and wild rose berries, dried apple compotes,
- Pasta in small quantities.
Here's basically a detailed list of what to eat for pancreatitis. It is best to follow the tips and tricks for the first 2-3 months to avoid the attack from happening again.
You need to know that you need to eat in small portions 6 times a day. All food should be almost cold. All vegetables are boiled and grated, mashed potatoes are recommended, it is better to scroll the meat in minced meat. Porridge should be eaten 1 time a day, salt the food a little.
Of course, when returning from the hospital, many people have the question of what to cook for pancreatitis when the list of acceptable foods is rather limited and many delicious dishes are banned by the doctor. Don't panic and get upset - there are plenty of useful recipes that can add variety to any strict diet.
What can be excluded?
As you can see, in the diet for pancreatic pancreatitis, all dishes are made from lean meat and fish - and then only in the cooked version. Fried foods are strictly prohibited. You can eat dairy products with a minimum amount of fat. It is advisable to use only natural juices, compotes, tea and fruit drinks made from liquidto drink
Should be completely deleted:
- All kinds of alcohol, sweet (grape juice) and carbonated drinks, cocoa, coffee
- Animal products: offal, including the first category, pork and lard, oily fish, all smoked products, spicy, fried instant products based on raw materials.
- Vegetable products: legumes, mushrooms, spinach, sorrel, onions, baked goods based on butter dough.
- Desserts: chocolate, greasy creams.
- Figs, grapes, bananas, dates.
- Confectionery, chocolate, ice cream, jam.
- Lard, edible oils.
- Hard-boiled eggs, whole egg dishes, fried eggs
What do doctors recommend for patients with pancreatitis:
- Foods should be steamed as they do not harm the body and contain all the nutrients.
- Eat small meals five to six times a day.
- Meals should be warm, not hot or cold;
- a requirement - eat in semi-liquid or grated form;
- Semolina, buckwheat, oatmeal and rice should be boiled in water and ground.
With acute pancreatitis, you have to starve to death for a few days, just drink a lot of mineral water without gas, a decoction of rose hips or weak tea is allowed.
Diet for pancreatic pancreatitis - acute stage
In the most acute stage of the disease with severe pain syndrome and signs of significant digestive disorders, short-term therapeutic fasting can be used. This recommendation was made by doctors of the past centuries who, with acute pancreatitis, prescribed their patients cold (in the area of the inflamed organ), hunger and physical rest. During this period, a non-irritating, fortified and alkaline drink is allowed, if necessary, parenteral (intravenous) nutrition is prescribed. However, the use of enzymes during this time is inconvenient because the intestines simply do not receive food to be digested.
Fasting for acute pancreatitis usually lasts 2-3 days. During this time the symptoms subside, which makes it possible to gradually switch to dietary foods:
- In the first few days after fasting, food is low in calories and as economical as possible. Mashed potatoes are shaped, semi-liquid, pureed. They are steamed or boiled and cooled to body temperature when served. Such a menu consists mainly of carbohydrates and does not include the use of multi-component recipes and spices.
- After the symptoms of pancreatitis have decreased, the diet becomes more varied and nutritious. In this case, the menu is gradually expanded, focusing on the state of health and the degree of assimilation of food. On day 4-5, easily digestible proteins (cottage cheese, cooked lean meat, eggs) are introduced, then a small amount of butter. Vegetable oils are not yet used. The dishes are still being cooked and steamed. They are no longer grated, but chopped up or served in the form of soups, soufflés and casseroles.
- For the next 8-12 months, the diet for pancreatitis remains frugal and fractionated, if not as strict. During this time, the diet is generally similar to the menu for chronic pancreatitis. Vegetable oils are introduced, dishes become more varied.
The diet from the first days after the end of the fast is supplemented by the use of enzyme preparations. In this way, you can partially compensate for the lack of its own enzymes in the pancreas in order to avoid overloading them. This is especially important when consuming fatty foods.
The diet against pancreatitis is the most important treatment moment during an exacerbation. It contributes to the gradual normalization of the inflamed pancreas and the entire digestive tract. And the prescribed drugs help cope with the symptoms, partially relieve the affected organ and compensate for the relative lack of enzymes.
Diet for acute pancreatitis - sample menu
The diet menu for acute pancreatitis is very diverse. Let's put together a rough diet menu for a day. The number of meals should be at least four per day. Do not forget that you need to drink at least two liters of water a day. The amount of food consumed per day should not exceed three kilograms.
- A glass of warm tea.
- oat biscuits.
- Fresh raspberries with sour cream.
- A plate of oatmeal with raisins and fruits to taste.
- A glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice.
- Vegetable casserole.
- A glass of birch sap.
- An apple.
- Creamy carrot and cauliflower soup with parsley and coriander.
- Meatballs, steamed fish fillets.
- A glass of green tea with lemon without sugar.
- A banana.
- A glass of kefir.
The menu turned out to be big, tasty and healthy. When creating the menu, you need to remember all the rules described above. Then the menu and diet will turn out to be very healthy, tasty and satisfying.
Diet for chronic pancreatitis
In this case, you need to constantly monitor your diet to rule out the occurrence of pain attacks. Very often, it is nutritional errors that make pancreatic disease worse. A properly chosen diet will reduce the number of exacerbations during the progression of inflammation.
A person suffering from chronic pancreatitis should exclude easily digestible carbohydrates: honey, sugar, candy, hard candy, soda, and very fatty foods. This is due to the fact that in the presence of pancreatitis, the absorption of fats is significantly impaired. Better stick to fractionated meals.
What is allowed in the menu:
- Bread and other pastries, preferably yesterday or toasted, low-fat and fat-free biscuits;
- Vegetarian soups with a little vegetable oil or sour cream;
- Lean meat, poultry, fish - boiled, baked, steamed;
- Soft-boiled eggs, steam omelette (no more than 2 pieces per day);
- Low-fat cottage cheese and kefir;
- hard cheese;
- Eat butter and vegetable oil (refined) moderately;
- porridge other than millet;
- Homemade pasta / noodles cooked in water;
- Raw and baked sweet apples;
- Cooked and pureed vegetables;
- Drinks - compotes, jelly without sugar, weak tea, possible with lemon; Juices without sugar, decoction of wild rose berries and black currants.
As with the exacerbation, saturated broths, pork and lamb, fried, smoked, fatty and canned are prohibited. Unacceptable high quality sausages, caviar, chocolate, pickles and marinades, condiments and spices. It is undesirable to eat mushrooms, raw cabbage, spinach, sorrel, beets and radishes, as well as legumes and sour fruits. It is better to refuse to bake very hot or cold dishes. Don't drink soda or eat ice cream. Alcohol is also strictly prohibited.
Diet 5 for pancreatitis - highlights
Food with pancreatitis should always be warm, food that is too hot and cold should be thrown away. The menu is always dominated by high-protein foods, and carbohydrates and fats are kept to a minimum. It is forbidden to eat foods that contain too many acids.
By steaming in the oven it is possible to protect the pancreas and the digestive tract as much as possible from chemical and mechanical damage. It is also useful to cook and chop food before using it.
Doctors insist that you avoid foods that are high in coarse fiber. The average daily calorie content should be within two thousand calories. In addition, they drink at least 1. 5 liters of clean water. You need to rely on a warm, mineralized drink.
The chemical composition of the daily menu is as follows:
- protein (80 g);
- carbohydrates (200 g);
- fats (40 - 60 grams).
There are two options for Nutrition Table # 5. If a diabetic is diagnosed with an acute form of the disease, he is assigned Table 5a and for the chronic form Table 5b is shown.
Diet No. 5a calls for the use of no more than 1700 calories per day. All meals are served to the patient in a carefully wiped form. Completely exclude products that promote the secretion function of the pancreas. In addition to the basic chemical composition, there are strict restrictions on kitchen salt - a maximum of 10 grams per day.
You should eat fractionated at least 6 times a day and always keep to a certain period of time. The duration of such a nutritional plan is prescribed to a diabetic depending on the severity of the pancreatitis, but on average it is at least 7 days.
Table 5b regulates 2700 calories per day, and the chemical composition of the dishes is as follows:
- fats (maximum 70 grams);
- carbohydrates (up to 350 grams);
- protein (no more than 140 grams).
The difference in this table is that brews and brews are excluded. This is necessary to reduce the secretion produced by the pancreas. The food is also served grated.
Diet for pancreatitis in children
Children's diet depends on the type of disease. With chronic pancreatitis, a small patient at the stage of exacerbation of the disease should adhere to the strictest diet. When the pain syndrome subsides, you can switch to a thrifty option. Unfortunately, the chronic form of pancreatitis imposes lifelong dietary restrictions.
For a child with acute pancreatitis, a strict diet is prescribed for a month. Diet No. 5 is the most effective nutritional system that will allow you to completely get rid of a terrible diagnosis in five years.
Diet should be done very carefully, as small deviations delay the healing process.
The diet for reactive pancreatitis in children is followed for at least two weeks after the onset of the disease. In this case, don't restrict the child too much. For complete healing, it is enough to adhere to the principles of proper nutrition for the age-appropriate baby.
Regardless of the stage of the disease, the following must be completely excluded from the menu:
- smoked and pickled products;
- fast food;
- hot, salty, fried;
- products with preservatives, flavors and flavor enhancers.
With the diet for reactive pancreatitis in a child, you can do the following diet:
- Breakfast - chicken puree with milk, boiled chicken.
- Snack - curd pudding, weak tea.
- Lunch - chicken soup, beet salad, boiled fish.
- Snack - apple jelly.
- Dinner - sour milk, crackers.