A 14-day protein diet is the most effective way to lose weight at home when you want to lose a few pounds or get rid of obesity but are not ready to give up your usual food right away. The diet is designed in such a way that hunger can practically not be felt. If you stick to this regimen, a person will lose an average of 5-8 kilograms in weight in two weeks.
What is a protein diet?
The core of the diet program is to increase protein intake and minimize fat and carbohydrates. The abundant use of fruits and vegetables saturates the body with the necessary vitamins and microelements. This method of losing weight is suitable for people who are used to leading an active lifestyle. Exercise greatly increases the effectiveness of the protein diet and food intake.
The protein diet does not offer a clear menu and can be adjusted at will. Despite their alternative substitutes, any rejection of the usual products for the body is a kind of stress for the entire body.
So that weight loss does not affect your health, a protein diet must adhere to certain rules:
- Food should be consumed at least 6 times a day.
- It is forbidden to consume alcoholic beverages. Eat
- at least 3 hours before going to bed;
- drink at least 2 liters of normal boiled water a day.
A change in diet does not go unnoticed and in some cases can affect human health. When following a diet, not only the current state of health, but also previous diseases must be taken into account.
Before starting a protein diet for 14 days, you should consult with your nutritionist about side effects to avoid complications and consider that in such cases there is a risk of use:
- for heart disease;
- liver disease;
- breastfeeding and pregnancy;
- kidney stones, other urinary tract diseases;
- hormonal diseases.
Protein diet for weight loss at home
A 14-day protein diet is effective for losing weight, as animal fat and carbohydrates are completely excluded from the diet for two weeks and are replaced with proteins and proteins of natural origin - meat, fish.
Everyone can vary according to their preferences: dividing lunch, breakfast and dinner in two, replacing chicken with veal, fish with seafood.
- Diet types of meat are permitted and compulsory, for example chicken, beef, rabbit.
- Among the fish, diet variants should be selected: pikeperch, hake, pelengas.
- Small amounts of rice and buckwheat are allowed.
- Sweets should be replaced with walnuts.
- Allowed fermented milk products include: low-fat cottage cheese, milk, cheese, kefir, goat cheese.
- All kinds of edible mushrooms, eggs are allowed.
Meat and fish are the main ingredients of the protein diet, but fat-free varieties of these products should be cooked. In no case is pork or lamb suitable. Bream or mackerel are not allowed. All types of pastries and sweets should be excluded. Salads should not be seasoned with sunflower oil, sour cream, mayonnaise, but only with lemon juice.
Under no circumstances use:
- Canned meat or fish;
- semi-finished products;
- fatty milk products: sour cream, fermented baking milk, yogurt;
- sparkling water;
- Vegetables with a high starch content.
14-day protein diet menu
When creating a menu, there are certain recommendations for cooking and choosing products, but there are no clear rules and norms. The essence of the diet is to completely remove fats from the diet and replace them with natural proteins. Protein products should only be selected based on your body, health status and dietary recommendations.
- Breakfast.During the entire time, breakfast with a protein diet remains practically unchanged for 14 days - fermented milk, low-fat yogurt, cottage cheese or cheese in small quantities. An apple or vegetable salad is ideal for fruit. Green tea without sugar is recommended for drinks. To relieve the feeling of hunger, it is recommended to drink a glass of boiled water ten minutes before meals.
- lunch.Covers the preparation of a wider range of protein foods. Recommended meat products to choose from: boiled chicken breast, 100 g grilled beef, 150 g steamed rabbit. Cooked or steamed fish (no more than 150 grams) is acceptable. From liquid: ear or chicken broth, no more than three ladles. Second: two tablespoons of rice or buckwheat, vegetable salad and unsweetened fruits, fruit juice.
- dinner.Should also contain protein-rich meat or fish dishes. It can be chicken - 250 grams, beef - 200 grams, fish - 150 grams. Tomato-cucumber-salad. To keep fresh vegetables from getting boring, you can bake broccoli and cauliflower. Recommended fish dishes: boiled mussels, oysters, squid ring salad.