The use of a variety of diets results in the body shaping and conditioning - for the better. Let's educate yourself about how to use the keto diet and the foods you need.
Shapeless, thin girls are replaced by beauties with a relief body and pumped muscles. Now they are considered the benchmark for female beauty. To achieve this result and to approximate the current ideal, exercise and proper nutrition alone are not enough. It pays to take advantage of the particular eating style on which the ketogenic diet is based.
The principle of the keto diet
The basis of the diet for this diet is the type of diet that the body converts into a fat burning machine.
The keto dietuses a minimum of carbohydrates, which reduce glucose and provide short-term energy. And when the body feels its deficiency, it will find an alternative to keep producing energy. That substitute will be ketones.
In other words, instead of glycolysis, which helps break down carbohydrates, we transfer the body to lipolysis, which is the process of breaking down fats. The principle of nutrition is based on the body's survival without consuming carbohydrates and entering a state of ketosis. For those trying to lose weight, this is a great chance to get a relieved and toned body.
There's a similar concept - ketoacidosis. This is a pathological condition that leads to a violation of the acid-base balance, as well as death. You shouldn't compare them and even confuse them.
Contraindications for the keto diet
Anything related to drastic changes in the body is not considered right for people with health problems.
Contraindicated for use:
- Breastfeeding mothers.
- Young people under 18 years of age.
- People who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, heart and urinary system.
- With diabetes.
Every diet includes a doctor's consultation and a full physical exam. The keto diet is no exception:
- In the event of disorders in the body, ketoacidosis can occur instead of ketosis, which further worsens the human condition and can even lead to death.
- Diet for diabetics is particularly dangerous. If this disease is not detected before changes in the nutritional system begin, then it can negatively affect the disease itself, and the consequences are irreversible.
The benefits of the keto diet
- Fast weight loss. On average, 2-5 kg is lost per week, but this is individual for everyone.
- Loss of muscle mass. Subcutaneous fat is burned and converted into energy.
- Decreased appetite. This is not a low calorie diet, it is a diet based on eliminating quick carbohydrates that increase appetite.
- Constant desire to move. Ketosis does not get energy from carbohydrates, but from body fat.
Disadvantages of the keto diet
Every diet has advantages and disadvantages that can damage the body:
- Instead of ketosis, ketoacidosis occurs, which can lead to death or coma.
- Constipation from insufficient fiber.
- tachycardia, drop in blood pressure.
- The presence of stones can cause nausea and even vomiting. Causes stomach upset.
- Eating simple carbohydrates can lead to insufficient energy production for physical activity.
- Formation of muscle spasms.
- Strict control of the products you consume.
- Constantly cleaning your mouth to remove the acetone odor that comes with making ketones.
The keto diet rules
- The diet should be entered gradually. This should not be a shock to the body or the person.
- The amount of carbohydrates should be increased daily. On the first day of the diet and also after the next 2 weeks, the carbohydrates in the diet should be increased.
- All carbohydrate-rich vegetables and fresh fruits should be consumed between 12: 00 p. m. and 6: 00 p. m. Eat low-carb foods the rest of the time.
- Divide food intake by five times. The portions should be small. Do not eat 3 hours before bedtime.
- Use salt to a minimum.
- Do not drink more than 4 liters per day. But don't force it. The amount should be a little higher than what you drank before.
- The amount of carbohydrates per day should not exceed 50 g. The consumption of fats and proteins should remain the same.
- Do not use confectionery, baked goods, or flour.
- Gradually reduce your calorie intake by around 500 per day.
If you follow the rules of the diet, you will get results faster and will not harm your health.
When the lipolysis process starts, check:
- weight loss.
- Pleasant smell from the mouth.
- Increased blood ketones.
- Decreased appetite.
- Easy concentration at work.
The first week will be tough. Physical activity decreases, fatigue and stomach problems develop. This condition can last 1-2 weeks, but the symptoms gradually go away.
Tips before starting the keto diet
- To see the result quickly, you should always keep the amount of micronutrients consumed under control before you start theketo diet.
- In the early stages, you should rebuild your diet. The amount of proteins and fats should be 1: 1, and then 3: 1.
- If the food you are eating doesn't have enough calories, adding butter and nuts to your diet should increase them. If the calories are above the norm, then it is worth avoiding protein foods.
The diet is pretty strict. Any weakness is unacceptable. They prevent the body from returning to ketosis. Even a small burger or candy can upset your metabolism and make weight loss less effective.
Classification of the keto diet
There are three different ketogenic diets:
- Basic, which is based on moderate protein intake and a significant increase in fat. In this case, the carbohydrate load is not applied. A diet for the lazy, unable to participate in exercise and lead an active lifestyle.
- Goal. Carbohydrate intake should be strictly regulated and distributed over the clock. It will be more effective to use them before and after active training. Lovers of active sports will find it easier to carry loads.
- Cyclic. They are constantly increasing and decreasing the amount of carbohydrates consumed. This type of food should include 1 day with minimal fat intake. Thus, glycogen will not be deficient, which will have a beneficial effect on a person who constantly exercises.
List of permitted keto foods
- meat. Animal products may not be produced unprocessed or hormonally. Remember that processed meat is high in carbohydrates.
- Eggs in any shape - contain the ideal amount of fat and protein.
- dairy products and fermented milk products.
- Fish, fresh seafood. Number one for this diet, but they should be cooked without breading and large amounts of fat.
- Vegetable fats.
- Nutsand all seeds help to increase the amount of fat.
- Vegetables, mostly green.
- Green sour fruit.
Liquid that can be consumed:
- Pure water.
- Unsweetened coffee.
Sugar substitutes do not affect blood sugar levels in any way, but they do add weight and do not kill the urge to eat something sweet.
The most harmful are:
- agave syrup.
- Keep fruit juices.
- maple syrup.
They are high in calories, but they do not increase energy and do not discourage cravings for sweets, they only harm the body.
Stevia and erythrol can help reduce sugar cravings:
- Not toxic.
- Does not contain complex carbohydrates.
- Does not affect health.
However, they can increase appetite, cause gas in the stomach, and they don't taste good.
Prohibited foods on the keto diet
- Starchy foods.
- Sugar in any form.
- Fruit with a sugar content.
- Cereals, pasta.
- All drinks contain sugar.
Access to nutrition is different for different sexes, for men - 7 days, for women - 5. The most difficult days are from the third to the fifth. To gradually enter the diet, you should follow a special diet.
2 week keto diet menu
- Breakfast.Scrambled eggs with cheese.
- lunch.Chicken broth soup with broccoli.
- Dinner.Low-fat natural yogurt.
- Breakfast.Low-fat cottage cheese with sour cream.
- lunch.Chicken fillet steamed with cheese. Fresh Chinese cabbage salad.
- Dinner.Steamed fish cutlet.
- Breakfast.Cottage cheese casserole.
- lunch.Steamed salmon, garnished with green peas and broccoli.
- Dinner.Fried mushrooms, garnished with asparagus and sour cream.
- Breakfast.Two boiled chicken eggs. Green vegetable salad.
- lunch.Cod soup. Whole grain toasted bread with butter.
- Dinner.Chickpea puree.
- Breakfast. Green tea with a slice of cheese.
- lunch.Ham omelette. Green cucumber salad.
- Dinner.Steamed broccoli, feta cheese.
- Breakfast.Natural yogurt. A piece of hard cheese.
- lunch.Steamed salmon and broccoli.
- Dinner.Green vegetable salad. Omelet.
- Breakfast.Steamed fish. Low-fat cottage cheese.
- lunch.Omelette with bacon. A piece of hard cheese.
- Dinner.Green vegetable salad. Fish in the oven.
- Breakfast.2 boiled eggs, a slice of cheese, a protein cocktail, coffee.
- lunch.Braised chicken fillet, green salad.
- Dinner.Salmon, fresh cucumber salad.
- Breakfast.Scrambled eggs from three eggs. Cooked beet salad. Black tea.
- lunch.Beef stew, steamed broccoli side dish.
- Dinner.Fatty fish and cooked asparagus.
- Breakfast.Boiled egg, some avocado, salmon, cooked in the oven.
- lunch.Poultry cooked in the oven. A slice of hard cheese.
- Dinner.Squid salad with olive oil.
- Breakfast.Fried eggs with ham. A slice of hard cheese. Sugar-free coffee.
- lunch.Braised rabbit, fresh vegetables.
- Dinner.Cooked prawns. Steamed spinach salad with cheese.
- Breakfast.Fried eggs with mushrooms and cheese. Coffee.
- lunch.Grilled meat. Braised zucchini with tomatoes.
- Dinner.Steamed fish. Green salad with cheese.
- Breakfast.Scrambled eggs with cheese. Green vegetable salad. Black tea.
- lunch.Low-fat stew, steamed broccoli.
- Dinner.Steamed salmon with steamed vegetables.
- Breakfast.Salmon with tomatoes.
- lunch.Braised pork with vegetables.
- Dinner.Light salad made from fresh tomatoes and cucumber, seasoned with olive oil.
After 2 weeks ofketo diet, the human body is fully restored and the following changes are visible:
- Decreased appetite.
- Loss of 3-7 kg.
- Improved performance.
- Sleep better.
However, this diet is not suitable for everyone. Most may initially experience nausea, stool problems, and muscle fatigue.
According to the studies carried out, theketo dietdelivers results and effects. But it is worth knowing when to stop, you can not sit on it for more than a month. It does not mean a transition to such a diet, it is not a way of life but a short term application.